Dedicated Legal Counsel On Your Side
Joseph G. Perone
Joseph G. Perone graduated from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers College with honors. He attended Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York. While at Cardozo, Joe was a staff member with the Cardozo Journal of Law & Gender. The Journal focuses on legal issues affecting women and families, and publishes articles which discuss topics ranging from health care to civil rights. Joe was also a staff member of the Cardozo Bet Tzedek Legal Services Clinic. Bet Tzedek - which means "House of Justice" - represents elderly and disabled people seeking health, disability, and housing benefits they could not obtain without Clinic assistance. Joe served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Harold C. Hollenback, J.S.C. in the Family Law Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County.
Upon graduation from law school, Joe became an associate with a New York law firm specializing in New York personal injury litigation. After working in New York for a number of years, Joe became an associate with a New Jersey law firm so he could be closer to his wife and three sons. He expanded his areas of practice to New Jersey personal injury matters, workers' compensation, and commercial litigation. Thereafter, he became an associate in the law firm of Tanis B. Deitch, Esq., P.C. When Ms. Deitch invited Joe to become her partner, the pair formed the law firm of Deitch & Perone, P.C.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Joe concentrates his areas of practice on personal injury/negligence matters in New Jersey, New Jersey workers' compensation, New Jersey family/matrimonial law, and New Jersey real estate, both residential and commercial.
Joe enjoys a number of interests outside of his professional life. Before himself being injured in an automobile accident in 2020, he enjoyed weightlifting, and was an avid boxer, having trained with former heavyweight contender, Gerry Cooney. He was also a fixture in the fitness and wellness facility of his local Jewish Community Center. He is a fledgling member of a social club who share a common interest in food, wine, and cooking. He also spends time in his garden coaxing his tomato plants and arugula to grow.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1999
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: English Literature
- Minor: Hebraic Studies
- New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
- Nominated to the “Rising Stars” list of 2011 by New Jersey Super Lawyers
- Cardozo Journal of Law & Gender – Staff Member
- Bet Tzedek Community Clinic, New York Legal Assistance Group, NYC – Student Advocate – September 1997 – May 1998
- Legal Intern for the Honorable Harold C. Hollenback, J.S.C., Bergen County – January 1998 – June 1998
- Weiss & Rosenbloom, P.C., NYC – Associate – May 1999 – March 2000
- Calcagno & Garruto, L.L.P., Cranford, NJ– Associate – March 2002 – March 2004
- Law Office of Tanis B. Deitch, Esq. – Associate – March 2004 – January 2006
- Deitch & Perone, P.C. – Partner – January 2006 - Present
- American Association of Justice-formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Haydn Proctor Inns of Court
Current Employment Position